Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Guess who got a new camera?

I wanted a new camera to take on our upcoming European adventure. The one we have is bigger than I'd like and I have a devil of a time getting a good picture out of it. I just can't hold the damn thing steady, so 90 percent of the pictures come out blurry.

I bought a Canon A720 at Roger's suggestion and it arrived a couple days ago. It's not much bigger than I remember a pack of cigarettes being, though it does have a good bit more heft to it. It'll fit comfortably in the pocket of a windbreaker. It might even fit in a shirt pocket, but I think it might be a little heavy to carry that way. It's a point-and-shoot camera that allows you to control the aperture and shutter speed manually if you want to. And it's got a 6x zoom, which might not sound like much, but it really is a pretty lot. For example, the first of these pictures was taken with no zoom, the second with 6x zoom:



But of course the first thing I took a picture of was not the light switch and the intercom. Can you guess what my first subject was?

Addendum Roger even suggested where to buy the camera -- BuyDig.com -- to which I can only say, Thanks, Roger. (This son-in-law thing is working out very well.) BuyDig's price was (a little) cheaper than Amazon, which is where I usually shop; more important, the camera arrived in only about 3 days. 3 days, even though I chose the cheapest shipping option available. If you're in the market for electronics, you really should check BuyDig.com.

No comments: