Saturday, November 03, 2007

Boots -- or Art, step by step

Abby and I were hanging out yesterday afternoon and she agreed to give me an art lesson after I said I don't know how to draw a nose.

"It's easy," she said. "Just draw a straight line with a curve at the bottom."

She then drew the head and added the eyes.

"Do you want it to be a boy or a girl, Pop Pop?"
"O, I don't know, Abby. How about a girl."
And, presto, "it" is now "she" with Betty Boop eyelashes and lips.

I teased her a little about how small the mouth is, and we both looked at the picture for a minute or two.
"Pop Pop," she asked, "do you want this to be a girl or a monkey?"
"A monkey?!," I said, "Did you say 'a monkey'?"
Abby's answer is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks to me as though Dan has a pretty talented grandaughter, and Abby has a pretty talented grandpop.

Jack

Dan said...

I think Jack is half right.