Sunday, April 22, 2018

I haven't lost my touch

  • It took me only about three weeks to replace burned out light bulbs in the spare bedroom, the family room, and the kitchen!
  • The other day, Mary Elen swept up a cat toy into the vacuum cleaner, clogging the hose.  She and I spent an afternoon trying to dislodge it with a clothes hanger and our shop vac.  No luck.  So I took a deep breath and disassembled the hose, assuming that I'd probably destroy the thing in the process and have to buy a whole new $4 million dollar Electrolux.  But no!  I took it apart, removed the obstruction, put it back together, and it still works!  
  • Our friend Cruz did a lot of yard work for us recently, filling (and I mean filling!) lots of big (and I mean big) plastic bags with weeds, dirt, and leaves. Our wheelbarrow picked that time to develop a flat tire.  I removed the wheel, took the tube out, found the leak, walked to Bikes@Vienna to buy a Rema TT01 Standard Patch Kit, applied said patch, mowed the front lawn while the patch set, put the tube back in the tire and inflated it, and put the wheel back on the barrow.  A day and a half later, after taking twenty bags down to the curb, the tire still has air in it! 

No comments: